Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- Credit: Ashley Cashfield
Stunning drone footage has captured the Flying Scotsman ferrying delighted passengers through the Norfolk countryside.
The video, captured by Ashley Cashfield, from Dereham, shows the historic steam locomotive travelling from Dereham towards Brick Kiln Junction, near Kimberley.
Scotsman has spent the past two weekends transporting lucky ticket-holders behind the engine along the Mid Norfolk Railway (MNR).
One of them was Mr Cashfield, who rode the 12pm service on Saturday (October 9).
"We decided, after seeing everyone queuing at the platform to get the same photo, to go and do something a bit more artsy," said the 29-year-old.
"We scoped out a location just past Garveston and found a footpath beside a field where we could launch. That gave us a clear vantage point as it came past."
Flying Scotsman will run on the MNR for one final day this Saturday (October 16).
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate