Norfolk and Suffolk flowers on way to Chelsea Flower Show
- Credit: Archant
Some of the finest flower growers from our region will be exhibiting at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The national volunteer-run Flowers from the Farm group is making its first appearance at the show, which starts on May 22.
And flowers growers from Norfolk and Suffolk are involved including Moat Farm Flowers, Hillcrest Flower Garden, Gabriel's Garden, and Forever Green Flower Farm.
The transport will also include flowers from Sarah Hammond, of Knapton-based English Peonies, who said: 'The transport will include a selection of seasonal flowers grown in the region.
'Flowers from the Farm promotes the use of seasonal, British-grown flowers, which account for only about 15pc of cut flowers bought by consumers in the UK, in a market worth around 2.2 billion pounds per year.'
You may also want to watch:
The group's Chelsea display, which will be found in the centre of the Great Pavilion, will also be built and manned by group members.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 4 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 5 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts