Floristry students support domestic abuse charity
- Credit: Eaton & Otley College
Floristry students at Easton & Otley College showed their support for local domestic abuse charity Leeway by donating some flower decorations.
They were raffled off at the Her Business Brew conference held on March 8 at Norwich's Epic Studios.
The raffle helped to raise funds which will enable Leeway to continue providing support and vital services to people experiencing domestic abuse across the Norfolk and Waveney area.
The conference marked International Women's Day and featured a number of speakers, exhibitors and several free masterclasses.
Mandy Proctor, chief executive of Leeway said: 'I would like to thank the students at Easton & Otley College for their continued support.
You may also want to watch:
'We are delighted that they are helping us to raise money for Leeway's services and it is fantastic to see the students get involved in raising awareness of domestic abuse.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants