Flood alerts issued for north Norfolk coast
- Credit: Ian Burt
Flood alerts have been issued for the north Norfolk coast between Old Hunstanton and Kelling Hard.
The Environment Agency says there is a possibility of 'minor flooding' to coastal roads and footpaths between 7am and 10am on Saturday due to high tides and strong north-westerly winds.
The area covered by warnings includes the beach road at Brancaster, Wells Harbour, Blakeney and Salthouse.
Residents and visitors are advised to take care and to not put themselves into any unnecessary danger.
Flood warnings were also issued for the early hours the tidal River Yare around Thorpe St Andrew and the tidal River Waveney from Ellingham to Breydon Water.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 8 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 9 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school