Flood alerts issued for north Norfolk coast
- Credit: Ian Burt
Flood alerts have been issued for the north Norfolk coast between Old Hunstanton and Kelling Hard.
The Environment Agency says there is a possibility of 'minor flooding' to coastal roads and footpaths between 7am and 10am on Saturday due to high tides and strong north-westerly winds.
The area covered by warnings includes the beach road at Brancaster, Wells Harbour, Blakeney and Salthouse.
Residents and visitors are advised to take care and to not put themselves into any unnecessary danger.
Flood warnings were also issued for the early hours the tidal River Yare around Thorpe St Andrew and the tidal River Waveney from Ellingham to Breydon Water.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation