Flat occupants flee fire in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
The occupants of a Norwich flat were forced to evacuate following a fire on Monday evening.
The incident happened in Scarlet Road shortly after 6.30pm and firefighters from Sprowston and Earlham were called to deal with the incident and took until 8.21pm to deal with the blaze.
A fire service spokesman said there was damage to the property, while a neighbouring home lost its water supply.
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used hose reel jets to deal with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 5 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'