Housing company donate boxes of food to Thetford food bank
- Credit: Archant
Boxes of food were delivered to the Thetford food bank on Friday by members of staff from the housing provider Flagship Group.
Staff from the company donated non-perishable food to the food bank in the Charles Burrell Centre as part of a region-wide project which has been running for three years.
Hannah Worsley, project manager at the Norwich Foodbank said: 'Over the last two years, staff across Flagship have provided us with the equivalent of almost 280 meals to local people referred to us in crisis.
'In December 2018, we expect to give out over 1,000 parcels, each providing the recipient with three days of food so this support from Flagship is really appreciated at this time of year.'
More than 40 boxes have been distributed over the last two years, and deputy chief executive of Flagship, Helen Walsham, said the project gets a 'fantastic response'.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'In previous years, we've had a fantastic response across the business and I'm really pleased we're again doing something to make a positive difference.'
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer