Fitness challenge in Fakenham raises money for Help For Heroes charity
People at a Fakenham fitness centre got a small insight into the training servicemen go through - and helped raise hundreds of pounds for the Help For Heroes charity.
Military-style circuit training, self defence, martial arts and nerf wars with foam darts were among the activities on offer during the fund-raising day at Cromwell Barn Health and Fitness in Oak Street on Saturday.
A total of �371 was collected for Help For Heroes and instructor Alan Jackson explained why they had chosen the good cause.
'It is a charity close to everyone's hearts. We have a couple of ex military people here and so it was the obvious choice for us.'
Mr Jackson is also going to be running boot camp classes to help people get fit and lose weight.
There will be games and activities such as leap frog, skipping and running and he added: 'It will be hard work but also fun.'
*For more information contact Mr Jackson on 01328 855744/07540 149498 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 3 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 4 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 5 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 6 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 7 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 10 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb