First Norwich City of Ale meeting held for this year’s event
- Credit: Archant Norfolk 2011
Preparations for the third City of Ale festival in Norwich have kicked off with the first meeting held to discuss the 2013 event.
The festival of beer, from May 23 to June 2, will again celebrate all that is good about local pubs serving local beers made from local ingredients.
And it will hope to build on the success of the previous two events, which have helped establish Norwich as the UK's City of Ale. Thirty-five breweries and 45 pubs took part in last year's event and there were 240 beers on offer.
City publicans, members of the Campaign for Real Ale and brewers were among those attending the first 2013 meeting at the Murderers in Timberhill in the city centre earlier this week. Following a review of last year's festival, co-chairman of the 2013 event, Dawn Leeder said this year's website would be updated as soon as the new lists were compiled.
This year's City of Ale will follow Camra's national AGM, which is being held in the city on the weekend of April 20. Graham Freeman, chairman of the Norwich and Norfolk branch of Camra, said 800 delegates had already pre-registered for the event, a record, and his branch would be arranging various brewery trips.
You may also want to watch:
The next City of Ale meeting will be at 10am on Monday, February 25, at the Red Lion in Bishopgate.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water