First look at plans for Five Guys restaurant in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
This image is the first look at how the Five Guys in Norwich would appear on Orford Place.
This paper revealed last week that the American burger chain would be moving into the building previously occupied by Pizza Hut.
Plans submitted to Norwich City Council by Five Guys show that the restaurant will be able to seat 120 people and will be spread over two floors with an outside seating area on the pavement in front of the restaurant.
Architect drawings show Five Guys signature red and white colours will be a main feature of the restaurant with breeze screens decked out in those colours being used for the outside seating area.
The drawings also show the inclusion of large white glazed windows on the second floor with the Five Guys lettering in the centre and two flag poles either side of the building which would fly the flags of the United Kingdom and the United States.
The plans to alter the building were submitted to Norwich City Council this month and councillors will now have to decide whether to approve or reject Five Guys' application.
You may also want to watch:
Born in the United States, Five Guys has achieved a cult-like following for its burgers with unlimited toppings, hand-cut fries and milkshakes.
Founder Jerry Murrell named the restaurant after his five sons who all help to run the company after the family decided to invest their would-be college fund into opening a hamburger shop in Washington.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
Their website boasts that there are over 250,000 possible ways to order a burger at the restaurant through a combination of fillings.
•Are you excited by the arrival of Five Guys? Let us know by commenting below