First ever Norfolk Bird Fair at Mannington Hall
- Credit: Archant
Nature lovers will be able to flock to Norfolk's first ever bird fair.
The event, organised by husband and wife team Robert and Jill Wilson, will be happening at Mannington Hall on May 17-18.
Attractions will include lectures from wildlife enthusiasts, children's activities and photography and art workshops.
Proceeds from the fair will go towards conservation groups.
Mr Wilson, who is a professional birdwatcher and photographer along with his wife, said: 'Birdwatching has become massively popular. The scene has changed dramatically. We want to encourage as many people to come along as possible. Mannington Hall is a really nice venue.'
You may also want to watch:
The couple live in Surlingham and have run Rapture Photographics, St John's Close, Norwich, for six years.
'The bird fair was something we have looked into for the past five years and it has snowballed,' he added.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 5 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 6 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 9 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
Mr Wilson, 50, originally from Sudbury in Suffolk, first became interested in nature and birdlife when he was 21-years-old.
Since then he has travelled across Britain, including Norfolk.
During his birdwatching career he has spotted about 370 species including the red-breasted nuthatch at Holkham and the white-crowned sparrow at Cley.
He met Jill, 49, eight years ago at Rutland Bird Fair and the pair hope the Norfolk weekend will become an annual event.
Lectures will include a talk on Cley Marshes the Norwich Cathedral peregrine falcons.
Mannington Hall is between Aylsham and Holt, postcode NR11 7BB, and the fair will be held between 9am-5pm.
Visit www.norfolkbirdfair.com or call 01603 219119.
Do you have an interesting wildlife story? Email email@example.com