First Eastern Counties announces changes to bus services in bid to improve punctuality
- Credit: Archant
First Eastern Counties has pledged to improve bus services across the Norwich network with a series of changes.
Passengers travelling between Norwich rail station and the UEA will benefit from extra journeys during the morning peak while the purple line which runs from Horsford to Long Stratton via Norwich, will undergo changes to improve punctuality.
Several changes will take effect from February 22.
Following driver feedback, the running time of service 12 into Norwich has increased.
There is no change to the rest of the timetable.
You may also want to watch:
The evening 13A route has been revised between Hethersett and the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (N&N) to operate via Round House Way in both directions.
Services 25/26/27 will have new journeys at 7.50am and 8am which will run from the rail atation to the UEA.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
The 8.43am extra relief journey from Castle Meadow to UEA and the 4.05pm extra relief journey from UEA to the rail station will no longer operate.
An extra bus will be added on a Sunday with three buses on the 25 and three buses on the 26 to allow this service to be extended to the N&N.
Both services will operate broadly on Monday to Friday running times to improve punctuality.
Minor changes have been made to the 27 after 3pm.
Service 36 is to be split into two services: 35 from Long Stratton to Norwich and 36 from Norwich to Horsford.
Frequencies and departure times are similar to the current timetable, but should improve punctuality significantly.
No Sunday changes to 36 or evening 36B.
Sunday 39 journeys are renumbered 39A and rerouted as a circular via Cavell Road, Sandy Lane, and Hall Road back to the City (not via Coleburn/Theobald).
There are no changes to 37, 37B, 38 or 39 (Monday to Saturday). No Sunday changes to 36.
For more information about First Bus in Norwich call customer services on 03456 020 121 from Monday to Friday 7.30am to 5.30pm.