First Bus have taken ‘appropriate action’ against driver eating crisps
- Credit: Archant
A bus company said it has taken 'appropriate action' after a driver was caught eating crisps while driving on the Acle Straight.
In May, a worried passenger used her mobile phone to film a bus driver eating while he was in charge on an X1 bus from Norwich to Great Yarmouth.
She sent the evidence to First Bus who carried out an investigation.
MORE: Investigation underway after bus driver spotted eating a packet of crisps while driving an X1Great Yarmouth depot manager, Alvin Parker, said: 'We concluded our investigation into the alleged allegations involving one of our drivers eating crisps whilst driving.
'I can confirm that the appropriate action has been taken in accordance with our findings and a communication has been sent to all of our drivers reminding them of the dangers and consequences of undertaking in this activity whilst driving.'
You may also want to watch:
The bus company said they could not elaborate on the action taken for data protection reasons.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns