Organisers vow to return after success of first Big Norfolk Sausage Bash
- Credit: Archant
A day in honour of the county's top bangers attracted thousands of visitors to a north Norfolk market town.
The inaugural Big Norfolk Sausage Bash, held at Aylsham, welcomed visitors and traders from all over the region.
The festival brought together food stalls, demonstrations, local brewers and producers of some of the finest sausages in the county and beyond for one day only. A number of stalls had even sold out before the day had finished.
Jason Gibbons of joint organiser Coxford's Butchers, based in Aylsham, said: "It's gone better than we thought it would be and the day has been absolutely manic.
"Without a doubt, we are planning to return next year."
You may also want to watch:
The festival raised funds for Cancer Research UK, Aylsham Cluster Group, Aylsham Parish Church, Aylsham Scouts, Hospitality Action UK and Mind Norwich.
It was held on Sunday May 12.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor