First and Last pub in Ormesby St Margaret to be turned into homes
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A bid to turn a village pub into homes has been approved by councillors.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council has now given Elizabeth Holdings the go ahead to convert the First and Last in Ormesby St Margaret and add three cottage-style bungalows and garages.
According to papers presented to the development control committee on Wednesday the heritage elements and character have been sufficiently addressed.
Officers recommended that members approve the pub homes plans.
Comments were received from seven members of the public and the results of a questionnaire circulated locally showed support for the pub.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars