First and Last pub in Ormesby St Margaret to be turned into homes
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A bid to turn a village pub into homes has been approved by councillors.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council has now given Elizabeth Holdings the go ahead to convert the First and Last in Ormesby St Margaret and add three cottage-style bungalows and garages.
According to papers presented to the development control committee on Wednesday the heritage elements and character have been sufficiently addressed.
Officers recommended that members approve the pub homes plans.
Comments were received from seven members of the public and the results of a questionnaire circulated locally showed support for the pub.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region