First and Last pub in Ormesby St Margaret to be turned into homes
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A bid to turn a village pub into homes has been approved by councillors.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council has now given Elizabeth Holdings the go ahead to convert the First and Last in Ormesby St Margaret and add three cottage-style bungalows and garages.
According to papers presented to the development control committee on Wednesday the heritage elements and character have been sufficiently addressed.
Officers recommended that members approve the pub homes plans.
Comments were received from seven members of the public and the results of a questionnaire circulated locally showed support for the pub.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison