Mystery firm could bring 100 jobs to West Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
An as yet un-named business is looking to relocate to West Norfolk, reveals a report to councillors.
Leader Brian Long has told the borough's full council, which meets on Thursday: 'During January I had an early discussion with an established business looking to expand and move some of their operation to West Norfolk.
'Whilst the detail behind this is of course commercially sensitive, I have given my offer of help to them and will advise council as soon as I am able, but early indications are looking favourable for this which could see the creation of over 100 new jobs.'
If the mystery firm re-locates, it would help offset the loss of garden supplies firm Gardman, which last year closed its depot in West Lynn with the loss of 150 jobs.
Staff were offered relocation packages to move to a new warehouse in Daventry but it is not clear how many of them took up the offer.
You may also want to watch:
MORE - find your next job at www.jobs24
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17