Mystery firm could bring 100 jobs to West Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
An as yet un-named business is looking to relocate to West Norfolk, reveals a report to councillors.
Leader Brian Long has told the borough's full council, which meets on Thursday: 'During January I had an early discussion with an established business looking to expand and move some of their operation to West Norfolk.
'Whilst the detail behind this is of course commercially sensitive, I have given my offer of help to them and will advise council as soon as I am able, but early indications are looking favourable for this which could see the creation of over 100 new jobs.'
If the mystery firm re-locates, it would help offset the loss of garden supplies firm Gardman, which last year closed its depot in West Lynn with the loss of 150 jobs.
Staff were offered relocation packages to move to a new warehouse in Daventry but it is not clear how many of them took up the offer.
MORE - find your next job at www.jobs24
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 5 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 8 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 9 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
- 10 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend