Fireworks set to explode over Hemsby at bank holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
The seaside fireworks season begins with a bang at Hemsby during the bank holiday weekend.
Crowds will be gathering to watch the display at various vantage points across the village on Sunday, May 28 from 10pm.
Pubs and holiday parks will host special sessions where visitors can enjoy the illuminations, bringing a boost to local businesses.
The fireworks are part of a series sponsored by the Greater Yarmouth Tourism and Business Improvement Area as part of its drive to attract more visitors.
Lyndon Bevan, Hemsby businessman and GYTABIA events group chairman said: 'People come a long way to see the fireworks.
You may also want to watch:
'Some watch it from the beach, but others enjoy the display from local pubs and holiday parks, which have special drink and food deals, or combine it with a barbecue.'
Further fireworks in the village take place over six Tuesday nights from July 25.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 7 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 8 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms