Firewalk at Rackheath pub raises funds for Norfolk charity Break
Over 50 people have taken part in a firewalk in the hope of raising around �7,000 for a Norfolk charity.
The event was held at the Green Man pub in Rackheath on Thursday night to raise funds for Break, which provides support for vulnerable children, young people and families across East Anglia.
All participants received a two-hour motivational talk prior to taking the walk, while their supporters were entertained by a raffle, barbecue, live music and a quiz.
Break fundraising officer, Martin Green, said: 'It was a fantastic event which, everyone enjoyed and the Green Man could not have been more helpful.
'We were particularly pleased that some of the young people who we support took part. We still have some sponsorship money to come in but we hope to raise up to �7,000.'
You may also want to watch:
The pub's licensees, Iestyn Thomas and Kathryn Self, are holding another fundraising day next month.
A family fun afternoon is being held on Saturday, April 21, to celebrate St George's Day and raise funds for the Norfolk and Norwich Association for the Blind (NNAB).
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
The Norwich and Norfolk Medieval Association will be staging re-enactments, a story teller dressed as the Green Man and a barbecue.
The Wroxham Road pub is a member of the Norwich Inns buying group of licensed premises, which has adopted the NNAB as its chosen charity for the year.