Fires sweep through Marbella - how are you affected?
Some 4,000 people were evacuated from their homes as a wildfire fanned by strong winds spread rapidly through hills around the popular southern Spanish tourist city of Marbella - 300 of these suspected to be British expats.
Regional Interior Ministry official Jose Luis Ruiz Espejo said the fire started early today outside the town of Coin and it is suspected to be arson.
Nearly all people in the nearby town of Ojen were evacuated and given shelter in sports centres in the coastal resort of Marbella.
Speaking on Cadena SER radio, Mr Ruiz Espejo said two people were injured, one seriously.
Do you have a home in Marbella? Or do you know any one who is there? Get in touch.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 5 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 10 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
Leave a comment below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org