Dozens of firefighters spend night tackling ‘significant’ blaze in village warehouse
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Dozens of firefighters have spent the night tackling a 'significant' blaze in a warehouse in the west of the county.
At around 1.15am on Monday morning crews were alerted to a large fire at a warehouse containing building materials on Swaffham Road in Narborough, near Swaffham.
At the fire's peak, eight crews were fighting the flames, with engines from Swaffham, King's Lynn and Sandringham among those attending.
The fire prompted Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service to issue a warning advising neighbours to keep their doors and windows close to prevent smoke inhalation and any damage to homes.
A fire service spokesman said: "We are currently dealing with a significant fire at a commercial premises in Narborough. Local residents are requested to keep windows closed and remain clear of the area."
You may also want to watch:
The firefighters spent several hours tackling the blaze and as of 6.30am one crew remained on the scene dampening down the warehouse.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 5 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 'Don't bend rules' warning to Christmas revellers
- 9 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 10 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time