Firefighters tackle garage blaze in Carbrooke
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have been tackling a garage fire in Carbrooke this morning.
Norfolk fire service said it sent five engines to the scene at Mill Lane shortly before 11am.
A witness who lives nearby said a tumble dryer caught fire and spread to a garage. However, the fire service control room has not confirmed this.
Fire crews from Watton, Hingham, Dereham, Attleborough and Wymondham were called to the scene.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used main and hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze.
Carbrooke, which is within the Breckland district of Norfolk, is situated about eight miles south of Dereham.
• Updates to follow
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 10 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
• Do you have photos of the fire? Email firstname.lastname@example.org