Firefighters tackle garage blaze in Carbrooke
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have been tackling a garage fire in Carbrooke this morning.
Norfolk fire service said it sent five engines to the scene at Mill Lane shortly before 11am.
A witness who lives nearby said a tumble dryer caught fire and spread to a garage. However, the fire service control room has not confirmed this.
Fire crews from Watton, Hingham, Dereham, Attleborough and Wymondham were called to the scene.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used main and hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
Carbrooke, which is within the Breckland district of Norfolk, is situated about eight miles south of Dereham.
• Updates to follow
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 8 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
• Do you have photos of the fire? Email firstname.lastname@example.org