Firefighters tackle chimney fire at Walberswick pub

FIREFIGHTERS from Southwold spent more than an hour tackling a chimney blaze at a pub in Walberswick.

A crew from Southwold fire station were called to a chimney fire at the Anchor Public House in Walberswick at 4.08pm yesterday (Monday). A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: 'The crew were on scene at 4.23pm and brought the fire under control at 4.54pm using small gear.'

The crew were back at the station by 5.56pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus