Firefighters tackle barn blaze at Wymondham
- Credit: Archant
About 30 firefighters were tonight tackling a blaze in a barn on the outskirts of Wymondham.
Crews from Wymondham, Earlham, Carrow, Attleborough, Sprowston and the water carrier from Hethersett were called to Browick Road just before 5pm.
Led by Watch Manager Ken Weston-Gare, the firefighters took less than two hours to get the blaze under control.
A fire service spokesman said a trailer carrying about 15 tonnes of hay had been alight inside the barn which was located just off the B1135.
The barn also contained farm machinery and fertiliser meaning a chemical incident unit was also on hand.
The spokesman said: 'The barn is destroyed and the trailer's destroyed.
'The fire is not suspicious.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 4 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 5 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 8 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 9 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 10 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
'With all farms there is always a potential for fertiliser so that's one of the prime considerations for us.'
Police had closed Browick Road while firefighters put out the fire but it has now re-opened.