Firefighters respond to large grass fire in Lound thought to be caused by faulty power lines
Fire crews have responded to a 'large grass fire of approximately 50 square metres' believed to have been caused by arching power lines.
Firefighters from Lowestoft and Gorleston were called to Jay Lane, Lound at 2.57pm today.
Hose reel jets and hand appliances were used to extinguish the fire with the blaze said to be under control by 3.30pm.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks, who control the lines, said: 'UK Power Networks engineers attended an incident at Jay Lane in Lound at the request of the fire service. We are now completing repairs on a piece of electrical equipment which had developed a fault.'
This is the second fire at the site this week.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, July 9, four engines and a Unimog support vehicle attended a blaze at 4.36pm, firefighters remained on site for approximately an hour in order to put out hot spots so that further fires would not occur.
There is currently no indication the two incidents are related.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled