Firefighters praised for tackling blaze at The Greenstone pub in Dereham
- Credit: Submitted
Firefighters have been praised for tackling a small blaze at a pub in Dereham.
Fire fighters have been praised for tackling a small blaze at a pub in Dereham.
Fire crews were called to a chip fryer blaze at The Greenstone pub, on Napier Way, at 9.20pm on Friday.
Fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus sets entered the building and used hose reel jets and dry powder extinguishers to put out the fire.
Customers were evacuated from the pub last night but the venue is open as normal today.
You may also want to watch:
Nobody was harmed.
A statement on The Greenstone Facebook page said: 'A very big thank you to the Dereham Fire service who came to our rescue late this evening following a call out to an electrical fire that became to large for ourselves to tackle.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
'Fortunately, no one has been injured and a huge thank you to the Greenstone team for ensuring that everyone had been evacuated in a calm fashion before the fire brigade arrived to take over and extinguish the fire.
'We will be trading as normal on Saturday.'