Firefighters in Diss sing for a safe Christmas
- Credit: Archant
This group of firefighters has found an innovative way of putting out a safety message for the festive season.
The retained Diss Fire Station crew has recorded a video rendition of the '12 days of Christmas', replete with fire safety tips including 'turn off your tree lights', 'sweep your chimney' and 'careful with candles'.
The song also references the 'fatal four' safe driving warnings against drink driving, using phones behind the wheel, speeding and a reminder to use seat belts.
Firefighter Harry Powell said: 'Christmas is a time of year when people can be distracted by different things, so we wanted to get the message out in a fun and quirky way to get people's attention.
'We brainstormed ideas and came up with recording the '12 days of safe Christmas', and a few hours later the video was what came out of it.'
Mr Powell said the video had got a good reaction so far, and it has had more than 1,000 views on YouTube.
n To watch the video, go to www.edp24.co.uk
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 8 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity