Firefighters free man trapped between vehicle and wall in Norfolk village
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
Firefighters helped to free a man who was trapped between a vehicle and a wall.
It is believed the man was trying to unload a van from a truck in Lodge Road, Lingwood, when it rolled backwards and trapped him.
Firefighters from Carrow and Sprowston went to the scene, at just after 10.50am today and took about 15 minutes to free the man, who was in his 30s, using hydraulic rescue equipment.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance flew to the scene and the East of England Ambulance Service sent an ambulance crew and an ambulance officer.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'He was conscious and breathing. He was complaining of pain in his legs and the lower half of his body.
You may also want to watch:
'But once he was freed, he just had minor injuries and he did not even need to go to hospital.'
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker