Firefighters called to rescue pigeon on Anglia TV building in Norwich
Firefighters were called out to rescue a pigeon stuck on the Anglia Television building in Norwich
The bird had managed to get trapped underneath some netting on the side of the building at Agricultural Hall Plain.
Fire crews took around an hour and a half to rescue the pigeon last night (Thursday) after realising that the first appliance sent to the scene just after 7.30pm from the Carrow station did not have a long enough ladder to reach it.
A second appliance, with a longer ladder, had to be sent in its place, a fire service spokesman said.
Crews used small gear to cut the pigeon free from the netting.
You may also want to watch:
They eventually managed to free it and left the scene just after 9pm.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 9 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner