Ten vehicles involved in crash on the Acle Straight
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Ten vehicles were involved in a crash on the A47 Acle Straight this evening.
The collision at Halvergate happened at about 6.20pm this evening and the road was closed for about two hours.
Fire crews from Gorleston, Great Yarmouth and Carrow were called to the incident and firefighters used hydraulic rescue equipment to free one person who was trapped.
Insp Lou Provart, from Norfolk Police, said: 'I do not believe that anybody was seriously injured but it obviously caused a major problem on the road network with traffic diverting to the A1064 to Filby into Caister and into Great Yarmouth.
'The road was closed for the best part of two hours.'
You may also want to watch:
He said that a number of different types of vehicle were involved in the collision and that the road reopened shortly before 8.20pm.
He urged drivers not to drive too close to the vehicle in front of them.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 9 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
'Consider stopping distances - incidents can occur very quickly and it is the responsibility of the driver to make sure he or she has an appropriate amount of stopping distance should an emergency occur,' he said.
Check the latest situation on the county's roads on our live traffic map.