Fireball ride reopens at Lowestoft’s Pleasurewood Hills following inspections
- Credit: Archant
The Fireball ride at Lowestoft's Pleaurewood Hills has been reopened to the public.
The theme park announced its temporary closure following a fatal accident involving a similar ride in the USA last month.
Six rides were closed in total at UK theme parks - with the machines all versions of the KMG Afterburner on which a man was killed and seven people were injured at the Ohio state fair.
Tyler Jarrell, an 18-year-old marine, died after his seat broke off and he was flung 50 feet through the air on Wednesday, July 26.
Following the accident, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) carried out re-inspections of the machines in the UK. An Enforcement Notice was served, which meant the rides had to be taken out of use until the notices had been complied with.
You may also want to watch:
However following inspections, Pleasurewood Hills announced on its Facebook page yesterday that visitors could now enjoy the ride once again.
General manager Adam Noble said: 'The manufacturers inspected the ride in America and understood what had gone wrong with it. They shared with us the instructions as to what we needed to change to make sure the ride was safe.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
'We complied with that and used our own engineers and ADIPS inspectors. They said it was absolutely fine and cleared it to reopen.'
The ride, which Mr Noble said is popular with teenage visitors, reopened yesterday morning.
A video of the Fireball back in action has also been posted on the theme park's Facebook page.