Large blaze breaks out near Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A large fire has broken out in Hemsby, near Great Yarmouth.
Fire crews have been called to the scene on St Mary's Road in the village.
Norfolk Fire Service sent four fire engines, two from Great Yarmouth, one from Wroxham and another from Marham to the scene.
A fire service spokesman said they were called out after reports of a fire at a derelict building.
He added the crews were there for a "few hours".
You may also want to watch:
One witness, Fiona-Jane Barrett, said that the fire has engulfed an old scout hut and several of the surrounding trees.
She said: "The sparks were getting dangerous and trees were falling.
- 1 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 4 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 7 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 8 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
"It was fierce. I worry about the animals and birds."
More to follow.