Fire extinguisher set off through letter box sparks emergency response

A fire extinguisher being set off. PHOTO BY SIMON FINLAY

A fire extinguisher being set off. PHOTO BY SIMON FINLAY - Credit: Simon Finlay

Emergency services were called to reports of a building fire in Scarning - only to find an extinguisher had been set off through someone's letter box.

Fire crews from Dereham and Watton were called to the scene at Chestnut Road shortly after 1am today (Saturday, July 13).

But on arrival they realised it was a false alarm, caused by someone setting off a dry powder fire extinguisher through a letter box.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter