Seven crews tackle blaze in derelict building
- Credit: Archant
A fire broke out in a derelict commercial building close to Asda in Great Yarmouth on Sunday afternoon.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue was alerted to the blaze on School Road Back at 1.58pm.
Appliances from Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, Martham, Carrow, Lowestoft North and Lowestoft South were sent to the scene.
There was also an aerial ladder platform from Great Yarmouth.
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used main jets and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.
A thermal imaging camera was used to check for hot spots.
The stop message was received at 3.25pm.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker