Fire in a cell at Norwich Prison
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to deal with a fire in a cell at Norwich Prison today.
The fire happened shortly before 10am at the prison in Knox Road.
A spokesperson for HMP Norwich said: 'The fire brigade put out a small cell fire at HMP Norwich after the alarm was raised at 9.50am on Saturday, May 10. No one was injured and the cell will be back in use shortly.'
Three fire crews - from Earlham, Carrow and Sprowston - attended the scene and they used fixed firefighting equipment to extinguish the fire.
The firefighters were at the scene until shortly before 10.30am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 5 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 8 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 9 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast