‘Lucky there were no casualties’ - firefighters tackled bungalow blaze
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze at a bungalow in Fakenham which broke out on Monday afternoon.
Crews from the west and north of the county attended the house fire on Gwyn Crescent at about 4.45pm, and the ambulance service was called as a precaution.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said occupants were home at the time the fire broke out, but all escaped safely.
Neighbour Gemma Grand said the first retained fire crew was on the scene within 10 minutes.
"I can't believe anyone is considering cutting back on these services," she added.
You may also want to watch:
"Luckily there has been no casualties but could we say the same if we were waiting on the full time stations that are all at least 20 miles away?"
Appliances attended from Fakenham, Holt, King's Lynn and Wells, along with the aerial ladder platform from Lynn.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 4 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 5 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 6 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 9 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
They are battling a 15 metres by 10 metres area affected by the fire, working in pairs using breathing apparatus and main and hose reel jets.