Firefighters called to railway
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Fire crews were called to a section of railway to tackle a fire.
Teams from Carrow and Sprowston were called to Cremorne Lane, Thorpe, in Norwich, at about 4.30pm today, Sunday, January 5, to an exhaust fire that had started next to the tracks.
It is believed workers had been using equipment on the tracks when the small fire started.
The crews used breathing apparatus while tackling the blaze.
A spokesman for the service said the firefighters were on the scene for about 45 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
No-one is believed to have been injured and train services have not been affected.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft