Fire destroys Leziate Park Country Club near King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
A former country club has been destroyed by a fierce fire.
Flames tore through Leziate Park Country Club, near King's Lynn, in the early hours.
Crews from across West Norfolk were sent to the blaze. Firefighters are still at the scene.
Station manager Clive Wells said: 'Crews were called around midnight and arrived to find a fully-developed fire in a former clubhouse.
'Crews have been fighting the blaze through the night and will be at the scene for some time extinguishing hotspots.'
You may also want to watch:
The fire has completely destroyed the single storey building, which overlooks a lake.
The country club closed two years ago. In January developers applied for planning permission to demolish it to make way for housing. A decision has yet to be made.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors