Fire crews tackle deliberate fires in Great Yarmouth overnight
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters had a busy night in Great Yarmouth after a series of blazes.
A small fire was started by children in Mill Lane, Bradwell. The emergency services were called just after 9.20pm on Sunday and a crew from Great Yarmouth arrived seven minutes later.
A spokesman for the fire service said the fire was made up of a mixture of dry combustible material. The blaze was extinguished after six minutes using hand appliances.
Later on, a crew from Great Yarmouth were called to a fire in a bin in Middlemarket Road.
Fire fighters were on the scene in under two minutes and it took them less than a minute to put the fire out.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the blaze was started deliberately.
In Baker Street, Gorleston a crew from Great Yarmouth attended another bin fire.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
They received a call at around 5.20am and the blaze was out 15 minutes after that.
There is no indication of the cause of the rubbish fire.