Fire crews tackle bin blaze ‘affecting garage’
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Firefighters quickly tackled a bin fire that spread to a nearby garage.
A crew from Lowestoft South fire station and a crew from North Lowestoft fire station were alerted following reports of a garage fire in Reeve Street, Lowestoft.
They were called out at 6.10pm on Saturday, November 9 and on arrival at the scene they discovered a wheelie bin blaze had spread.
A brigade spokesman said: "Fire control were called to reports of a garage fire on Reeve Street.
"Two appliances were mobilised and on arrival found a fire that had spread from a wheelie bin that was now affecting the garage.
You may also want to watch:
"Crews proceeded to use one hose reel to extinguish the flames."
They quickly tackled the blaze and the scene was cleared by 6.27pm.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 6 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 7 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 8 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 9 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 10 Missing man found by off-duty police officer