Firefighters called to a bonfire at Lowestoft marina
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters in Lowestoft were called out over concerns about a bonfire at a marina on Wednesday night.
Three crews from Lowestoft South were called to Brooke Yachts on Victoria Road just after 7.50pm.
Though they initially feared a fire had broken out, they quickly discovered it was a bonfire and was in control.
They kept an eye on the bonfire and finally left the scene about 9.45pm.
But people living in the surrounding area spotted the plumes of smoke, including local author Crispin Hook.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument