Fire crews battle blaze in Norfolk retirement complex
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to a fire at a retirement complex in Hunstanton on Thursday evening.
The fire started at Lyndhurst Court on Sandringham Road at around 5.25pm on Thursday.
Six appliances from Heacham, Hunstanton, Kings Lynn North and South, and Wells dealt with the fire.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue had aerial ladder platform, main jets and thermal cameras in attendance to help deal with a fire in the roof of a building.
The emergency services asked the public to avoid the area to allow crews to deal with the fire.
You may also want to watch:
The complex has 61 one and two bedroom flats for people aged over 55 years of age.
- 1 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 9 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend