Fire crews battle blaze in Norfolk retirement complex
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to a fire at a retirement complex in Hunstanton on Thursday evening.
The fire started at Lyndhurst Court on Sandringham Road at around 5.25pm on Thursday.
Six appliances from Heacham, Hunstanton, Kings Lynn North and South, and Wells dealt with the fire.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue had aerial ladder platform, main jets and thermal cameras in attendance to help deal with a fire in the roof of a building.
The emergency services asked the public to avoid the area to allow crews to deal with the fire.
You may also want to watch:
The complex has 61 one and two bedroom flats for people aged over 55 years of age.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut