People urged to keep doors shut as fire service attend chemical incident
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
People have been urged to keep their doors and windows closed as firefighters attend a chemical incident in Fakenham.
Firefighters were called after 9.15pm to the 'incident' on Oxborough Lane in Fakenham.
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service (NFRS) said two appliances from Fakenham together with one from Carrow and the environmental protection unit from King's Lynn have attended.
Firefighters used thermal image cameras and breathing apparatus when dealing with the chemical in a drum which has now been made safe.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service used social media to help alert people to the problems.
You may also want to watch:
They tweeted: 'We are currently attending a chemical incident on Oxborough lane in Fakenham, please keep doors and windows closed in the area.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft