People urged to keep doors shut as fire service attend chemical incident
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
People have been urged to keep their doors and windows closed as firefighters attend a chemical incident in Fakenham.
Firefighters were called after 9.15pm to the 'incident' on Oxborough Lane in Fakenham.
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service (NFRS) said two appliances from Fakenham together with one from Carrow and the environmental protection unit from King's Lynn have attended.
Firefighters used thermal image cameras and breathing apparatus when dealing with the chemical in a drum which has now been made safe.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service used social media to help alert people to the problems.
They tweeted: 'We are currently attending a chemical incident on Oxborough lane in Fakenham, please keep doors and windows closed in the area.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan