Fire crew rescues man stuck up a tree in Downham Market in Norfolk
They're more used to rescuing the occasional cat which gets stuck up a tree. But firefighters from Downham Market were today called out to assist a man in the same predicament in the town.
One appliance attended the incident in Rouse's Lane, off Howdale Road, just after lunchtime.
A spokesman said that the man was between 10 and 12ft off the ground when the crew arrived to help him down.
He said it was believed the man had climbed the tree and then been unable to get back down again without assistance.
It was not known how old the man was, or whether he raised the alarm or the call was made by a passer-by. The man escaped without injury.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies