Fire at Sixteen Foot bank was arson
- Credit: Archant
An outbuilding fire which crews battled to prevent reaching a nearby house was arson.
Flames engulfed a shed, car, van and conifer trees on the B1098 Sixteen Foot Bank at Christchurch, near Three Holes, yesterday. The road was closed for three hours.
'Crews used hose reels to extinguish the fire and to prevent it from spreading to a nearby house,' said a Cambridgeshire fire service spokesman.
'The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate.
'Crews from March, Wisbech and Chatteris were called to the blaze at around 5.54pm and returned to their stations by 8.30pm.'
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: 'At 6pm on Sunday officers along with Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service attended a fire at a property on the Sixteen Foot Bank.
'Inquiries are ongoing at this stage. If you have any information on this fire please call 101 and quote incident 458 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.'
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 3 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 7 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 8 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat