Firefighters continue to tackle skip hire blaze
- Credit: Archant
Two crews of firefighters remain at the scene of a blaze which broke out at Drurys Skip Hire on the North Walsham Industrial Estate on Saturday evening.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service control room supervisor said crews from Massingham and Sheringham were still tackling the fire on Cornish Way.
She said residents in the area are also being warned to keep their windows closed as protection from smoke billowing from the warehouse.
Norfolk Police confirmed Lyngate Road, around the skip hire premises, remained shut.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said at the height of the blaze it had ten appliances at the scene from across the county after the fire was reported to them at around 9.30pm.
About 60 firefighters were tackling the blaze last night.
Fire crews also had two aerial ladders, a water carrier and a control unit in attendance as they fought the flames.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 7 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 8 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 9 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 10 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
They used main and hose reel jets, and it was unclear how long it would take to extinguish.