Fire at a home near Aylsham Road in Norwich
Firefighters were called to a fire at a home in the north of Norwich today.
The fire at a property in Shorncliffe Avenue, between Aylsham Road and Drayton Road, started at about 2.30pm.
Two fire crews, one from Earlham and one from Sprowston, attended the incident and the fire was under control by 3.15pm.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said there had been a mattress on fire in a bedroom. He said the exact cause of the fire was not yet known but was under investigation.
The East of England Ambulance Service sent a rapid response vehicle to the incident but an ambulance spokesman said nobody needed treatment at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting