Fire alert at Fakenham pub and restaurant
Damage was being assessed today after a fire last evening at a Fakenham pub and restaurant.
Firefighters from the town and from Holt were called to the Running Horse, in Clipbush Lane, shortly after 8pm.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said fire had broken out in an oven grill and the crews were at the scene for less than an hour.
They used breathing apparatus to get to the seat of the fire and then cleared the affected area of smoke,
The fire service said there were no reports of any injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Today, a spokesman for the Running Horse said people were at the premises this morning to assess the situation but he declined to comment further, referring all questions to the head office of Midlands-based pub chain Marston's Inns and Taverns.
Nobody was available there today.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
The Running Horse opened in June last year as the latest addition to Marston's chain of 'family-friendly 2 for 1 pub restaurants'.
It can cater for 180 diners.