Singer’s Facebook Live gig raises hundreds for NHS charity
- Credit: Archant
More than £900 was raised in donations after an East Anglian musician performed a live show on Facebook.
Fiona Harber, a full-time singer from Beccles, hosted her first Facebook Live event on Saturday, April 11, with 50pc of proceeds going to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The rest of the cash raised will go to her business, which like so many others has ground to a halt due to the current situation regarding the Covid-19 outbreak.
More than 7,000 people have viewed the show, which is still online for people to enjoy.
Miss Harber said: “The live video is on my facebook page for people who missed it to watch and I’m still happy to take donations.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve raised a little over £900, which is not bad for two hours’ work.”
She will be hosting another online charity gig on Saturday, May 2, in the hope of raising more money for life-savers in Norfolk.
Join our Here to Help Facebook group to find out about more great ways in which people are helping others in Norfolk and Waveney.
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 9 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 10 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers