Singer’s Facebook Live gig raises hundreds for NHS charity
- Credit: Archant
More than £900 was raised in donations after an East Anglian musician performed a live show on Facebook.
Fiona Harber, a full-time singer from Beccles, hosted her first Facebook Live event on Saturday, April 11, with 50pc of proceeds going to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The rest of the cash raised will go to her business, which like so many others has ground to a halt due to the current situation regarding the Covid-19 outbreak.
More than 7,000 people have viewed the show, which is still online for people to enjoy.
Miss Harber said: “The live video is on my facebook page for people who missed it to watch and I’m still happy to take donations.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve raised a little over £900, which is not bad for two hours’ work.”
She will be hosting another online charity gig on Saturday, May 2, in the hope of raising more money for life-savers in Norfolk.
Join our Here to Help Facebook group to find out about more great ways in which people are helping others in Norfolk and Waveney.
- 1 First look inside Norfolk garden centre after £1.25m refurbishment
- 2 'Vindictive' man torched couple's new home - after failing to buy it
- 3 Work on McDonalds and Starbucks site 'breaks rules', councillors claim
- 4 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'The nicest people shop in Lidl' - Women amazed by act of kindness
- 6 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 7 Date given for opening of new McDonald's
- 8 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 9 When do some of Norfolk’s most popular attractions reopen?
- 10 People urged to get Covid test twice a week