Singer’s Facebook Live gig raises hundreds for NHS charity
- Credit: Archant
More than £900 was raised in donations after an East Anglian musician performed a live show on Facebook.
Fiona Harber, a full-time singer from Beccles, hosted her first Facebook Live event on Saturday, April 11, with 50pc of proceeds going to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The rest of the cash raised will go to her business, which like so many others has ground to a halt due to the current situation regarding the Covid-19 outbreak.
More than 7,000 people have viewed the show, which is still online for people to enjoy.
Miss Harber said: “The live video is on my facebook page for people who missed it to watch and I’m still happy to take donations.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve raised a little over £900, which is not bad for two hours’ work.”
She will be hosting another online charity gig on Saturday, May 2, in the hope of raising more money for life-savers in Norfolk.
Join our Here to Help Facebook group to find out about more great ways in which people are helping others in Norfolk and Waveney.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000