Finalists are picked for Norfolk Sports Awards
The finalists for one of the county's most prestigious sporting awards have today been announced.
Judges spent several hours looking at more than 300 nominations for this year's Norfolk Sports Awards on Tuesday.
And next month, the winners of each of the 14 categories will be announced at a special ceremony at Open, in Norwich, on November 15.
Ben Jones, director of Active Norfolk and one of the judges, said: 'Judging was really difficult this year due to the high calibre of nominations and the real breadth of amazing performances by individuals and clubs.
'It just seems to get better every year and we are so lucky that the whole of the grassroots and sporting community continues to make it the success it is.'
The 39 finalists will now be invited to attend the awards ceremony, which will be hosted by Sky Sports presenter Simon Thomas.
All shortlisted people will receive a ticket for the event and a plus one.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
During the night, the winner of the prestigious winner of winners award will also be announced.
The Eastern Daily Press is acting as a media partner and will be covering the award ceremony on the night.
For more information visit www.activenorfolk.org/sportsawards
Have you had sporting success? Call Luke Powell on 01603 772684.