Finalists are picked for Norfolk Sports Awards
The finalists for one of the county's most prestigious sporting awards have today been announced.
Judges spent several hours looking at more than 300 nominations for this year's Norfolk Sports Awards on Tuesday.
And next month, the winners of each of the 14 categories will be announced at a special ceremony at Open, in Norwich, on November 15.
Ben Jones, director of Active Norfolk and one of the judges, said: 'Judging was really difficult this year due to the high calibre of nominations and the real breadth of amazing performances by individuals and clubs.
'It just seems to get better every year and we are so lucky that the whole of the grassroots and sporting community continues to make it the success it is.'
You may also want to watch:
The 39 finalists will now be invited to attend the awards ceremony, which will be hosted by Sky Sports presenter Simon Thomas.
All shortlisted people will receive a ticket for the event and a plus one.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list
During the night, the winner of the prestigious winner of winners award will also be announced.
The Eastern Daily Press is acting as a media partner and will be covering the award ceremony on the night.
For more information visit www.activenorfolk.org/sportsawards
Have you had sporting success? Call Luke Powell on 01603 772684.