Final chance to get tickets to our candlelit carol service in Norwich
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
There is only one more day to get your tickets for the EDP and Norwich Evening News carol service at St Peter Mancroft Church. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and celebrate the festive season with candle light and song.
There's nothing like singing together, and this year's event promises some real treats from talented local musicians.
"That feeling of joy you get from singing," says founder of Broadland Youth Choir Carole Tims, "it's a real high."
She can't wait for this year's service, but wants to keep the music itself a surprise. She adds that the choir has spent eight weeks rehearsing for the evening, and has "asked for their favourites" in the final performance.
Broadland Youth Choir has been a strong part of the region's musical life for nearly twenty years. Although they rehearse in Salhouse, the children involved come from all over Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
Other highlights of the evening include the soaring voices of St Peter Mancroft choral scholars, who will add to the Christmas magic with carols like Away In A Manger and Gaudete. The baroque-style organ, one of the most impressive of its kind, will be played by Julian Haggett.
All money raised will go towards the Priscilla Bacon Hospice, which will open its doors in a new home close to the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital in 2023. The move will cost 12.4 million and will allow the centre to increase the beds it can provide by more than a third. With support from readers of the EDP, money raised now stands at 4 million. But there is still a long way to go.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 4 Local pub splashes back into action
- 5 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 6 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 7 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 8 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Roadworks cause traffic chaos in north Norfolk town
Doors for the event will open at 6pm with the service scheduled to start at 7pm.
Tickets will cost £5 and can be booked by calling 01603 772174. You can also get them online by clicking here.
Tickets can also be bought in person at the front office of the EDP and Evening News head office in Rouen Road, Norwich.