Final call for entrants to Great Yarmouth’s East Coast Run 2016
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Hundreds of runners will pound the streets of Great Yarmouth on Sunday - and there is still a chance to join them.
The East Coast Run 2016 takes place on Sunday, a 10km road race organised by Great Yarmouth Borough Council and the Great Yarmouth Road Runners, which already has more than 300 participants signed up.
However, there are still spaces available to take part in the event - as runners can sign up on race day itself.
All runners will be given a chip to log performance, along with a goody bag, which - for over 18s - includes a bottle of Adnams beer.
Race director Jeff Helmore, of the Great Yarmouth Road Runners, said: 'We urge those entering on race day to get there promptly so their details can be added to the timing system in good time.
You may also want to watch:
'We hope all participants, whether beginners or seasoned runners, are fit and well-prepared, and that we have dry weather, around 20 degrees Celsius, with no or very light wind, which are good conditions for running.'
Penny Carpenter, chair of the housing and neighbourhoods committee, added: 'The East Coast Run is thought to be the best entry-level course in the UK, because it is almost entirely pancake flat, and it has grown in stature in recent years, with many people entering on race day itself.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
'I wish good luck to everyone who has been training to take part in the run, and I must thank the volunteers from the Great Yarmouth Road Runners and the wider community who make this wonderful event possible.'
Runners can register from 8.30am on the day at St George's Theatre, with the race starting at 10.30am in Trafalgar Road.
Entry is £13 for club members (£15 on the day) and £15 for non-members (£17 on the day).
Full details can be found at www.gyrr.co.uk.